torstai 26. toukokuuta 2011

Davádat

Today I wanted to post the lyrics of a song that is in Sámi language, which is the original language of my region. I have that Sámi ancestral blood only 1/4 in me so I'm nothing special but I've studied the language out of curiousity and this song I find beautiful, not just the lyrics but the singing as well. It tells about the reindeer being lost from their tracks, not being able to find their way home or find enough food and they're asking for the West wind to lead them. It is a song with a double meaning the lyrics acting as a huge metaphor. Pretty :)

The song is called Davádat and it is from Sofia Jannok's, a swedish musician's, solo album. Here goes the lyrics:

Davádat

Gosa mii
johtit go
biegganjunni
ii šat deaivva
davás?

Láidumat
baskudit
go min juolggit
eai šat duolmma
bálgážiid

Davádat,
láide min ruoktut
mánnávuođa
oahpes bovnnaid lusa

Davádat,
láide min
vai min dábit
báhcet varas muitun
lieggasis

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti